.....

    follow me on Twitter

    Sunday, January 11, 2009

    Birthday Cakes and Heartbreak

    Sooo my 21st birthday rolled around this past Wednesday, January 7th. I wasn't really looking forward to it as I already had a bit of an attitude because the rainy weather made me cancel any interesting plans I had. I think this was actually my most boring birthday ever. I didn't really get to see anyone, it was soo lame, and I just had a lame feeling that day.

    That night I got some news from my boyfriend that I wasn't expecting, but I figured I would stand by him and everything would be okay.

    The next day was the BBR launch so as I waited for my friend to arrive for the mall I thought I would check in with bf to see how he was doing, I received a text telling me that we shouldn't see each other anymore but of course we could be friends...what ever that means. Needless to say I was pissed and told my friend as she arrived, thank goodness I had makeup in front of my face to buy, I'm sure that's the only way I was able to keep my composure.

    So after a few mean texts shot his way and a few days of moping around feeling sorry for myself I guess I've just decided to let things go. He didn't have much to offer so I guess it's not much of a loss either way.

    Breakups suck, but I'll tell you what bothers me probably just as much -- the surge of guy "friends" that come out the woodwork calling me to see if I'm okay and want to take me out. I don't mean to be harsh but I just had my heart ripped out, do you think I really want to be around a man (aside from those true friends of mine, and they know who they are). I don't want to hear that you would treat me better, I don't want to hear that you're worried about me, and if I decide I want a free dinner MAYBE I will call you, but until then..kick rocks and let me blast my Queen.

    Totally off topic, but for my birthday I got the Queen greatest hits collections...3 discs of heaven. I've always been a fan of Queen but only knew their more popular hits, this collection has a bit of everything and I love it. If I could sit down to dinner with any person dead or alive it would definitely be Freddie Mercury, just so I could ask him how he came up with his crazy harmonies and maybe just soak up a bit of his genius. I think he's definitely the most talented vocalist I've ever heard (sorry Beyonce).

    1 comment:

    Skeeta said...

    Happy Belated! I'm sorry about ur breakup. I brokeup with my bf when I was 21 and I thought I would NEVER get over it. It took me months. And looking back- we SO weren't right for each other. I think if we got married we would have been divorced !

    Bottom line, everything happens for a reason, and time will heal.